The application deadline for this position is March 17, 2018.
We thank you for your interest and time spent applying to work for Kulshan Brewing Company.
Job Title: Packaging/Cellarman
Reports To: Head Brewer
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly
Education Requirement: High School diploma or GED Required
Age: 21 or above
Work Experience: Professional brewery experience preferred, but not required. If no professional brewery experience, advanced home brewing or beer knowledge required.
Requirements: Attention to detail, meticulous cleanliness, concise and thorough communicator, and the ability to work long, strenuous hours while staying positive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabiltiies to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequency sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- All protocols are followed completely throughout shift
- Continued diligence to promoting a safety culture throughout the company
The Packaging/Cellarman's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strict adherences to all Standard Operating Procedures
- Growler filling and management of supplies
- Cleaning and sanitation of all process equipment
- Transferring of beer to Brite Beer Tanks including the use of Finings or Filter.
- Fermentation data tracking including; Cell Counting, Attenuation, pH, Temperature, sensory and -Diacetyl testing.
- Monitoring of quality parameters
- Accurate daily record keeping
- Yeast management
- Open to innovation and engaged in process improvement
- Dry hopping
- Finings dosing
- Measuring carbonation
- Participation in taste panel work as directed
- Taking direction from Head Brewer and the ability to work independently
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings
- Contribute to positive work environment through open and constructive dialogue
- Carbonating beers
- Packaging according to production and sales needs
- Thorough communication with inventory, warehouse, brewhouse and management staff
- Perform essential sensory and instrumentation assessments prior to packaging
- Inspection of all kegs prior to filling
- Assist on the canning line
- Assist on the bottling line
Keg Washing Responsibilities
- Set-up Keg washer with proper chemical protocols
- Clean shells in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with Head Brewer about clean keg needs
Keg Yard Responsibilities
- Overall management of keg storage, organization and inventory
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Complete all data entry logs correctly and in a timely manner
- Ability to work additional hours as needed, meaning over 40 hours some weeks
- Passion for craft beer
- Represent Kulshan Brewing Company at special events