Keg Sales Information
For retail keg reservations, please call our K2 location at 360.389.5348. Our bartender on duty will be happy to answer any questions and help you complete your keg reservation. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions below.
WHAT STYLES OF BEER ARE AVAILABLE IN WHICH KEG SIZE?
- Availability varies from day to day, check with the bartender at K2 for current inventory.
- Our core beers are all available in half barrels and sixth barrels when reserved with 2 weeks notice.
- Quarter barrels are sometimes available, but require at least 2 weeks lead time, and availability is not always guaranteed.
WHAT TYPE OF COUPLER DO I NEED?
- All Kulshan kegs use standard Sankey D couplers.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I RESERVE MY KEG?
- 2 weeks lead time is strongly recommended
- A small inventory is maintained for same day purchases, but supplies can be limited
CAN I BRING MY OWN KEG IN TO BE FILLED OR USE IT AS A DEPOSIT?
- No. Kulshan uses our own kegs exclusively to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitization.
HOW MUCH IS THE DEPOSIT, AND HOW IS PAYMENT ACCEPTED?
- $100.00 per keg shell
- $45.00 per pump tap
- Personal checks are the preferred deposit payment method.
- If you do not have a check, credit cards may be used, but we cannot refund money to cards.
- Refunds will be mailed to you in the form of a company check, and may take up to 2 weeks.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WHEN I COME TO PICK UP MY KEG?
- Valid ID. Beer will only be sold to persons 21 years of age or older.
- The address where the beer will be consumed.
- A check for the deposit. (Credit card or cash is okay too, but check is preferred).
WHAT IF I DON’T PICK UP MY KEG ON MY SCHEDULED DATE?
- Kulshan will hold your keg reservation for a grace period of 3 days past your scheduled pick up date. At that time, we will release the keg to be sold to another customer.
- Let us know if you need to change your pickup dates, and we can make it happen.
WILL I NEED TO REFRIGERATE THE BEER BEFORE SERVING?
- No. The beer will be cold (stored at 40 degrees) upon pickup.
- Kegs will need to be kept cold prior to service. We recommend an ice bin which allows for about half the keg to be surrounded with ice.